Saturday, October 22, 2005

In praise of Apple Customer Service


Last night, about 8 pm, my new Mac Mini made a ::POP:: noise and died.

Having just gone through the crappiest customer service I have ever encountered, with US Cellular (there are collection agencies that treat you with more respect), I was not optimistic as I dialed the Apple Care number. And, to be honest, the heavily accented voice on the other end of the line, once i maneuvered the phone prompts, did not encourage me...one of the prejudices I have that I am aware of is that an accent automatically makes me assume the person I am dealing with is a few IQ points lower than someone who speaks in a crisp MIdwestern or East Coast accent.

But, give credit where credit was due, despite the limitations of trying to work the cables and buttons I had to work with while juggling my (US Cellular) cell phone, we had my system up and running in just under 24 minutes.

Phew. I repeat, phew. Thanks guys.

Note to "Cami"...I didn't say you couldn't do a school report on erotic poetry from my site or books, I just advised that some teachers maynot be excited about it (or rather, might be, then get extremely reactive and take that out on your grade). Also, expect some of your classmates to acknolwegde your interest in eroticism, I have played Cyrano to enough lovers to know that sixteen lines of poetry can do wonders for a sluggish start towards the boudoir.

Just don't tell me about it. There's a strange dichotomy within me, almost a jealousy, when I hear of people using my works in seductions that I am not a part of. I am, at last doctor's visit, still human. Despite the rumours.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
William F. DeVault said...

It's not so much the attempts to circumvent the anonymous posting exception to leave obvious sales pitches (blogspam) on my site...it's the fact that most of the people who do that can't even spell. I've deleted the note from the "work at home" poster and would ask that they do not come back.

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved