Wednesday, October 12, 2005

erotic poem of the day: Passion Sympoetique

This piece was originally entitled "passion, play"...but after I wrote a recent piece that I found the title more suitable to, I renamed this one "passion sympoetique" I tend to refer to any work of mine that has three distinct movements as a "sympoetique". It originally was posted to Authors Den where it got a few comments. I hope you enjoy it....

(seduction)
sleep in the comfort of my arms.
bare against my chest.
take an earnest rest
knowing that nothing can touch you
without your desire.
but when the fire is upon you
I will touch you in ways
and corners
and with honest passion
and tender affection
you have not encountered
in your life
in your world
in your flesh,
where I will slide to depths
that have never been touched
in manners you fear
for the opening
of passages to your soul
that you know would
end your world
if I were there for any purpose
other than to express
the very heated dreams
I would not dare
with anyone
but you.

(penetration)
I saw the look in your eyes
as I entered you.
the way made ease
by the long, tender times,
spent touching and exploring,
hands and lips and fingertips,
avatars of consummation.
consummation fulfilled
as your breath upon my chest
quickens
and your hands draw me in
into you to lose
the barriers between
my flesh and your flesh
and the universe,
which recedes into nothing
as your skin burns
as herald to your pleasure,
measured by the tension
in your thighs, wrapped
with ankles locked
about me, that I cannot escape
as if I would, if I could,
for I gave myself over
to this the moment
I met you.
and
and
and
you dance your surrender
beneath me
in articulate delight.

(sustain)
after the awkward
and aching seconds
where the merged souls
separate flesh:
we lay for hours,
soft kisses
on flesh that still burns.
soft hands, exploring
a changed universe.
and words of reassurance
and promises
and questions
and answers
and a gradual return
to the fire
for as long as we dare
sustain the night.


William F. DeVault. all rights reserved.   

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved