Sunday, October 02, 2005

This Past Month's FreeFind Search Results

Just got my report from FreeFind for the month of September. I have the service because, with hundreds of pages containing several hundred of my works on The City of Legends, it's difficult for fans of The Romantic Poet of the Internet(tm) to find particular reference points or works. Weekly, as I do update the site a lot now, it re-indexes the pages so that a reader can just drop in a word or phrase and search for it, not only on my site but also in my blog here on blogger.com (actually http://cityoflegends.blogspot.com )

Well, for the month of September, here's the 10 top searched for words or phrases, in no particular order:

*Nordette - Obviously a reference to Nordette Adams, the wonderful poetess who is a good friend and who has written some nice things about me in reviews of my work. Her website is www.writingjunkie.net.(a search on this word or phrase produces 6 hits)

*Lusebrink - As my life and works intersect with three of the Lusebrink sisters, and my poem about their mother's death, "theocricide at Mach10e6" has recently become a fan favourite, not surprising. (4 hits)

*Pink Jade - My former protege and subject of some works a few years ago, the totem for a young woman who inspired some of my better works since "The Goldenheart Cycles" (16 hits)

*Thighs - I doubt if whomever was searching for this phrase, repeatedly, was a KFC fan looking for validation. More likely one of those kids who seem to forever be finding my site by looking up the words "Cinderella" and "naked" under Google.(11 hits)

*Panther - Wow, now THERE's a surprise. Most of the hits reference PR for the new book. (166 hits)

*Mythology - Sounds like some students trying to take a shortcut in lit class. Kids, do your own homework, but if you have an older sister who's hot, let's talk. What are you looking at? I've bartered my writing skills before for love or sex. Not proud of it, but you use what you've got...(8 hits)

*Brigit - Speaking of hot women. My former lover and once and future(?) writing partner. (49 hits)

*Mari Laureano - More hot women? This new York-based poetess wrote a fantastic back cover blurb for "The Compleat Panther Cycles". Her work, available at www.furiverse.com, is brilliant in her own write. (13 hits)

*Glass Roses - A lot of people come to my site just to view this work inspired by my dear friend and editor, Janet Innes. (10 hits)

*Genitals - Okay, once would have been a fluke, but obviously someone thinks I have Easter Eggs about someone's genitals hidden on my site. If you want to know, just ask. (2 hits, both in my blog)

I had a most curious dream last nght, a reassuring dream, but it contained people that I have never met. These handful seemed to be not amalgams of people I've known, but actual unique entities. Two interpretations are rational: I have, at one time or another, actually known these people and their images are being hi-jacked by the preconscious and supressed in the conscious; or my mind is creating fresh images from the preconscious as reassurance that there are still places to explore, people to meet. Yes, I know a third interpretation is prophetic or visionary images, but I try to never assume that. If I meet these people, I will accept it, but I try not to make that assumption.

Sleeping much more, battling hard not to eat everything in sight. Classical depression symptoms abound. Considering the last few years of my life, much to be down about, but I battle on...the truth is, 90% of my troubles are money-related, what I didn't lose buying my way out of my first marriage, my second marriage depleted (her bills got paid first). Yes, mistakes have been made, and I will just have to ride out the consequences.

Will allow myself more freedom to write, to vent, to cathartically release my stresses as I seek to resolve these issues. I'd start my own 12-step program from romantically-obsessive writers, but I'm not sure they'd let us meet anywhere in Morgantown unless we order a keg.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved