Monday, October 10, 2005

The First Recording Session

Survived the recording session...wow, talk about stress. With an audience, you have the feedback of the crowd and the inspiration you find in their faces...in the studio...not so much.

We settled on one really good show...about 15-20 minutes in duration. We started the first run through and three tracks in I stumbled...on "The Patchwork Skirt of My Love"...so we decided to restart. I shuffled the read order and we had a strong run through of ten works...

It'll be later in the week before I have the final mix...I'll get it out there as soon as possible.

Had an interesting meeting with my friend, Thomas. He always has the most interesteing observations. He had some advice for me: Get out of West Virginia now! I like the subtlety of his approach. And, from the detailed analysis, he's dead on for all the reasons why I should be on the road already...but I have a few things I need to get settled first.

More on this, later.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved