Friday, October 07, 2005

The "HOT" cover that never was to the book...

Tired, but triumphant, our hero slips into the shadows and prepares for his next tour de force, content that, even if he falls on his face, he has the strength, the experience, and the fortitude to stand up, dust himself off and ride again.

In other words...I'm going to survive.

Sorry.

(laughing)

Hey, about to run a few essential errands then get back to the various projects that festoon reality with my name attached...

I have two slotted for completion this weekend so I can focus all my energies on the podcast recording sessions.

Bleah! I'm worn to the nubs.

Got word that Jillian Ann got her copy of THE COMPLEAT PANTHER CYCLES (she is the devastatingly striking model on the cover and between the pages, she also is a gifted and innovative techno-musician)...don't get me wrong, I LOVE the cover we used, I just wonder how much more intensely the book would have been perceived with the cover I originally mocked up with her photos. Oh, here it is...revealed at last.

We couldn't use it due to legal issues and in respect for and with the original photog...but under UCC regs, it is modified enough to qualify as a new image. We just couldn't use it commercially...

I liked the comment my brother, Robert, made when he saw this cover: "Will I regain the power of speech and will it always affect me this way?" Yes and yes. It still affects me in about twelve different ways, three of them illegal in seven states...maybe one day we shall unleash it, or something even steamier...hmmmm...I could always use a model for the cover of THEOCRICIDE. A demon for the front, an angel for the back?

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved