Wednesday, October 05, 2005

days of silence

a whim struck me, so I did the calculations:

It has been 481 days since I last heard directly from my daughter, Peri.

It has been 235 days since I last heard from my second wife, Ann.

Theoretically, they'll never achieve parity in this, but I would have to say that, except during the anxious days of Hurricane Katrina, Peri has won the "let's see how deep we can cut him" derby. Of course, if either or both are doing it because I am in any way a toxic element in their lives, I support their decision (although I'd kind of like to know if I should wait by the phone...)

A few less epic silences: 61 days since I last heard from Brigit, 13 days since last I heard from Selke.

The Panther? Hmmmm....the day before I wrote "shadows in the shade". What? Five years ago? maybe...not sure.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved