Friday, October 14, 2005

I need to take my own advice and purify myself in catharsis.

Any one here recall my poem "Heal Swft" I wrote to a protege (Jade) who was into self-mutilation, encouraging her to get involved in more wholesome (and literary) release?

Heal Swift

heal swift the aching wound
that keeps you far from me.
leave now the temples, ruined,
that once held perfidy.

grow strong and find your way
along life's pleasant roads.
in night or brightest day
stride tall with lightest loads.

be certain of your worth.
be fair to all you meet.
greet failure with rebirth.
greet folly with retreat.

place heart to ink to page
and speak with honest sound.
pour out the poisoned rage
and leave it on the ground.


William F. DeVault. all rights reserved.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved