Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Poetry Now and the Podcast Sessions

Thanks to E.J. for posting the list of works on the current City of Legends site, that was fun to see...I'll trust his numbers. There were some poems he mentioned that I had forgotten I'd included in the site. Wow...senility

I was very pleased at the technical quality of the recording sessions yesterday, and I know it's just my nature to never be 1000000000% satisfied, I'm just restless over the fact that it took us two hours to get a twenty minute segment recorded. Alan, who engineered the whole thing, did reassure me on the logical point that the first session is always going to be fraught with adjustments and working out the way to do things, and that future sessions will go more smoothly.

Add to that my naturally impatient nature, wanting to get the podcast up and flying.

I did do some of the most requested works in this recording, but not all of them...I'll keep the list secret for now.

It looks like "Poetry Now!", the UK-based poetry magazine, is going to run anaother profile of me. They want to cover the years since the last piece they did on me, including my new books, my divorce, my connection to the Hurricane Katrina ravaged Gulf Coast, my comparison of Morgantown's literary scene (and dating scene) to Los Angeles' (you have got to be kidding) and plug upcoming projects, the blog, the site, the podcasts, the books and even both my latest cover model AND my cover model contest.

Hated to see Steelers' QB Big Ben Roethlisberger go down last night. Bully on him for leading the charge that won the game before taking a helmet to the kneee. I hope it is a mild injury and he is back on the field swiftly.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved