Thursday, October 20, 2005

More Podcast Plans

I've decided to do one or two more "single serving" poems before the launch of the Podcast center now officially known as "Radio City of Legends" as well as a full-length reading of "The Morgantown Suite Poems"...

I am still working to herd the cats that will be our regular contributors while also working on designing a monthly audio literary magazine called "from out of the city"...we'll be looking for talent to submit readings for a one-hour monthly show that will showcase the readings and be available for casual browsers and downloads.

Yeah, biting off another project...filling the hollow times with work, work, work...

Random notes:

Still a little whizzed that Arts Monongahela hasn't done anything with "The Morgantown Suite Poems"...as they aren't doing anything to promote it, they aren't making any money off it, so I guess they're the ones losing out...makes no sense to me.

Haven't seen a movie in months...going through celluloid withdrawal...I used to enjoy going alone when I lived in Venice Beach, taking advantage of the four theatres on the Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica (more screen in a three block area than in the entire Greater Morgantown area). Sigh. More fond memories of California.

Showed a friend my early cut of my manuscript for "War Stories" a collection of my experiences working for some major consulting and technology firms (anecdotes...about colourful characters and strange events...the moral ambiguity of corporations, etc)...I've got tales from my years with Computer Sciences Corporation, Perot Systems, CACI, Globalstar, DMR and GE Capital, as well as some smaller, lesser-known firms...I thought he was going to laugh himself sick over some of the events...all gospel-true, but hard to imagine if you haven't worked in that environment. It's on the slow track for late next year or early 2007. Don't worry, guys, I have changed the names to protect the guilty...although a few lawsuits would be good publicity.

Having friends and family who have undergone gastric bypass, I am disturbed at the recent news stories showing that presented estimates of complications and mortality were one-fifth the actual numbers. Guess doctors and hospitals liked the profit margins on the surgery enough to risk patients' lives. Bastards.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved