Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Listening to tunes

Next Monday I enter the studio for the podcast recordings...still time to express your opinons as to what works you feel need to be represented.

I'm wired into my iTunes player and working away...building a matrix of emotional subtest for some writing...interesting playlist:

Fat Bottomed Girls, Queen. The rhythm is very mood enhancing.
Cancion Del Mariachi, Los Lobos with Antonio Banderas. Evocative, passionate.
Silver and Gold, U2. Incredible intensity, thought provoking lyrics. And Bono doesn't bug me.
Let's Just Get Naked, Joan Osborne. This song always makes me smile.
Somebody to Love, Queen. Perhaps the theme song for next Spring's tour?
Right Now, Van Halen. Energizing. Remarkably intelligent.
Back to the House That Love Built, Tito and Tarantula. What a dark, moody miracle of a song.
Brothers In Arms, Dire Straits. Thoughtful and mood inspiring.
Romeo and Juliet, Dire Straits. First time I ever heard this song, I wept. I still do.
Under the Bridge, Red Hot Chili Peppers. Wow. Having walked those streets I understand completely.
Heart of Gold, Neil Young. Inspired the Goldenheart Cycles. Nuff said.
Secret Garden, Bruce Springsteen. Trivia point: Which of my muses was this "our song"?

I won't give away a few others of my secrets, but will leave you with these...imagine what wonders these inspire...music is a drug to me, a pure and cathartic and rejuvenating drug that purifies me and motivates me.

Jack me into something...

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved