Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Visit from an old friend in the New Year

I weathered the holidays, despite some basic interpersonal dynamic insanity and inanity. Friends popping in and out, personal dynamics changing, even a few last minute emotional gut-punches.

Nothing I can't shake off and move forward on, after I clear the cobwebs.

Barbara Holmes, my dear old friend who has interviewed me before for The Writer's Life and Emotions Magazine, she stopped by online to let me know she is happy I am back on track, on both a personal level and (particularly) a literary level, with the new muse. She will probably be hanging around more as she gets ready to launch her own blog. Like most people she was curious about Jaz (good morning, milady), but she knows just how far to probe...how old of a friend is she? She knew me before there was a Panther, and was involved in the formation of Poets Place on AOL, as well my editor for my humour column of Top Ten Lists for AOL's Writers Club.

Oh, I watched the premiere of Courtney Cox's new series "Dirt" on FX last night. Tasty. It might be worth hanging around to watch. A decidedly dark and sexy drama, in that network's toolbox that already include "The Shield", "Rescue Me" and "Nip/Tuck", it has a nice, chewy, amoral center...which is fun.

Well, much to do...including a new tune, rattling around inside my head.

Later, all.

3 comments:

Ms Peach said...

Uhm,

If the tune you have rattling around in your head is anything like FLINT AND STEEL, let us know ~Ahead of time.

The fire department should be on call.

YOU. ARE. ON. FIRE.

Twist said...

Greetings to all of The City's fans & readers. At William's request I will make an earnest attempt to visit and comment more often. At the very least it will be an interesting journey.

Yes, it is too worrisome when you're muddled in the foggy funk. Quite pleasing to see you all muse'd up again, my friend. Indeed, indeed.

William F. DeVault said...

It is nice to be alive again, Twist, indeed.

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved