Thursday, January 18, 2007

This Valentine's Day, say it...

The celebration of Valentine's Day is almost upon us, less than a month to go, and I am often asked about this time of year as to which of my books I would recommend as a romantic gift.

Well, that's tough, as I don't wish to judge the depth and scale of your lovelife. But, in order to not seem oblivious to the question, I will rate the books I have in print, here, for you.

RONIN IN THE TEMPLE OF APHRODITE: A solid work, well packaged. The poems reflect the dimension of love that is most often found in lost love, fighting to stay positive. A good book for a disillusioned romantic, or to show you understand pain and loss.

THE COMPLEAT PANTHER CYCLES: If you want to give the literary equivalent of a small thermonuclear blast, not a bad choice. Almot seven hundred poems, revealing the truths behind a blistering and ultimately self-destructive love affair that caught the imaginations and attentions of readers the world over.

LOVE GODS OF A FORGOTTEN RELIGION: This book is going out of print very soon...if you want it, I'd say get it now. Nice book, with some truly sharp romantic and erotic moments.

101 GREAT LOVE POEMS: If you are going to get this book as a gift for a lover on Valentine's Day, at least show the style to get the hardcover edition. If you really want to impress her or him, get the autographed copy currently on sale on eBay.

FROM AN UNEXPECTED QUARTER: A pretty package, with some good moments, but ultimately uneven. This book is also scheduled to go unavailable momentarily. I'd get it now.

Those are the romantic volumes still in print...you can order any of these from Amazon.com, Barnes and Noble (BN.com) or any other online retailer or brick and mortar store. Or even from me at the store at my website at City of Legends.com.

2 comments:

Ms. Adams said...

Yes, you are the romantic. Look at what I wrote about thinking Valentine's Day cometh:
Sexual Harassment and I Wish That Crazy "B" Leave Me Alone

(Yes, I know you don't use the "b" word. You're such a gentleman.)

I've also posted a page of break-up poetry at AD. For some reason I've adopted a no-nonsense attitude in 2007. ;-)

Nordette
PS: Aren't you the man who had a woman threaten to shave her head if you didn't love her?

William F. DeVault said...

Actually, she threatened to shave her head if I didn't sleep with her. The photos she sent me later were her way of saying "see what you made me do".

I don't give in to emotional terrorism. :-)

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved