Saturday, January 27, 2007

Saturday afternoon update

A normal day, for me. For you? Nope. But, that's okay...because I am the one living it.

Did some overdue housecleaning. Burned all the remaining digital images of my ex (the model) to a CD. Will mail that, not to her, but to a mutual friend with instructions to either get it to her or keep it (she is also an ex-lover of my ex, long story, buy my memoirs for the full skinny). My computer seems less cluttered now...there were a few thousand, I believe, images...some fof them low-res for her website. I had ported them over when I had changed computers and, since the last thing I actually know I heard from her was a vague call nearly two years ago, I'm presuming that rather bizarre chapter of my life (and five chapters of my memoirs) is over.

Did some writing and editing and research and decision making. I know what my next book will be and, most likely, the one after that. The next one will be poetry, edgy, romantic and erotic poetry, the volume named either "Inamorata" or "Night Blooming Jasmine". I'll decide later. All new or very recent material. Regardless of the volume's name, it will have the exact same poems in it. A bit thicker than my usual, but not the death star that is "The Compleat Panther Cycles".

After that comes the erotic sci-fi novel. I had originally ghosted it to give to someone as a parting gift (I'd never written a novel before, it is strange the first one I finished wasn't even for me). But, I have come to realize that 1) I was wrong to do that, 2) People will figure it out anyway and 3) She isn't ever going to publish it. And since the handoff was informal and I never assigned the copyrights: Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine.

The first book will be before I do the summer tour. The second (my 11th book and first actual novel) will need to wait until late Summer or early Fall...maybe even next Spring so it can be in time to be a beach read. After that there is a melange of possible projects, with several of them possibilities for next in line.

Very nice to hear that Rage Against the Machine is getting back together...I know some people extremely excited at the prospect. I'm excited, but not psychotic about it.

Later, all...I have to go do some editing.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved