Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Tuesday is named for the One-Handed Norse God of War

It's cold here...the temperature dropped nearly thirty degrees in the last twenty-four hours. Brrr.

I have a busy day before me, so I am up and rolling early. Long day. Think I'll survive. It's topped by my hosting duties at tonight's open microphone event at Barnes & Noble. I've promised myself to not host them in the future if we can't get a better turnout than we have in the past. Considering the weather forecast (snow) and the television competition (American Idol starts) and the fact that even Tag can't make it, owing to a scheduling conflict, it doesn't look good.

Have a great day, I'll try to check in later.

Good morning, Milady.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

G'day, Poet.
You realise, of course, that even if not one single soul shows up for your reading tonight, that you make a positive difference in the world around you, everyday?

I enjoy reading your work. Someday I hope to attend one of your book signings. If your turn out is low tonight, it is only because people are still, for some sad reason, unfamiliar with your body of work. You should not take it personally. You know that! Your spirit, and your writing really move me.

Thank YOU, so very much. I need to get back to work now. I WAS on a break!

-Alisa

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved