Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Odds and ends for a January 2nd

I tried Hot Cheetohs the other day. I'd never tried them before. Ummmm...interesting. The label indicates they are considered food, and labels never lie, under penalty of Federal law, so I'll accept that notion for now.

WVU, even with Steve Slaton hobbled, won their bowl game over Georgia Tech, 38-35 with a blisteringly persistent comeback after being 18 points down. Congrats to Pat White, Owen Schmitt, Dan Mozes and Coach Rich Rodriguez. The freeze play that WVU pulled has to be the clip of the week for television sports shows everywhere.

Como estas? Still working to perfect the learnings from my first Spanish lesson.

Just getting over my manic push to rise above by New Years' funk...it's sort of a dolphining effect for a bit, but I'm used to it. "Goldenheart Cycles", for instance, was written over a rough Christmas-New Years' span. It is a time for selective interaction with other as it is the one time of the year when I horde my emotions to press through. Then, burning them off, I exhaust myself...so, folks, the magic will be thin for a few days...but not to worry, I am still me, and this is an expected side effect.

Wrote some good stuff, though.

And remember, boys and girls, perisistence may be the virtue of the damned, but it is at least a virtue.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Mas puede la pluma que la espada."

Old Spanish Lesson review
En ingles: The pen is mightier than the sword.

A new lesson, for the new year: Please translate the following phrases, and compose an essay in response. Don't worry, it is only an exercise, You won't have to turn it in or share with your neighbor.

"A quien Dios quiere para si, poco tiempo lo tiene aqui."

Recuerdo: Only the good die young, and how many of us are always good?

Eyes wide open. I like what I see.

William F. DeVault said...

Or a good, indecent one, for that matter...

Hey, Jaz has a sister or two, I recall.

Anonymous said...

Little rascal... lol

Hope your night is going well William. Jazzy played some more of your cd today for me. I loved it. Just keeps getting better and better.
Such talent and your voice! wow...
Take care
~A~

William F. DeVault said...

Hey, you know I adore your sister. Wait until you hear the other stuff...plus the new piece, "Centaur" that links from this blog. As my old friend, journalist Barbara Holmes said to me just this evening about Jaz, "she's good for" me.

Hope to return the favour. Thanks for the kind words.

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved