Monday, January 22, 2007

Tour ruminations

The key word is mobility. I love the fact that I can post to my blog from anyplace in the world, via email. This will make my next few book tours, being designed as multi-city, bone-crushing marathons, to meld with the blogging.

Albuquerque is shaping up as Sunday, June 10th, with Phoenix or Las Vegas the night of June 11th. If both get into the mix, one would be the 11th, the other the 12th and the Los Angeles return home party would be the 13th, one day ahead of my hard-and-fast goal of the 14th, for personal and obscure reasons to all but those who have actually been around me for some time or who have read extensively.

I've been criticized for stating my preference is for chain bookstores for the venues. I understand the criticism, and let me just say that any venue, coffee house or independent bookstore that will invest in my appearance through either the advance purchase of sufficient books and/or an appearance fee can have me as well. As Harlan Ellison says "I'm not for sale, but I am for rent".

My plan is to keep it cheap, staying with friends and acquaintances, driving from city to city. It will be a brutal schedule, designed to, not break me, but to burn away the rust. I'm not expecting to be in stride the first few venues, although you never know. By Amarillo I plan to be roaring at levels I haven't touched in a decade.

There is a madness to my method.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well... if you land on June 11th or 12th, at one of your readings I request "Sex Cookies," since its my birthday...

- FUZZY

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Poet!

I like that you can post from any location. I don't want you to develop a big head, but, reading your blogs and poetry is a little like hearing the voice of God, a poetry god at least. Hearing voices isn't always a bad thing. Sometimes the voice of creative knowledge inspires readers in ways you might not even imagine!

Speaking of voices, yours in particular, missed hearing a podcast last night. Oh well, occassionally good things come to those who wait. Will there be one soon?

Your friend and loyal reader always,
Alisa

Anonymous said...

I wrote a comment, a LONG time ago, early this fall, I think, about "Sex Cookies." I think my message was gobbled up by faulty equipment, or operator error-(most likely).

YOUR poem was terrific.
Sweet and Salty. It made me consider putting together a collection of romantic cookie recipes. Titled something like
"Better than Sex Cookies",
but with a more soft baked title, you know, so the busy, devil in the junior league soccer moms wouldn't be embarrassed to buy it at Borders or Barnes and Noble. I think they'd really get into it.

Yummy poem, thanks for the reminder.

What do you think, Mr. D., does it sound like a winner? Sure would be fun to put together.

Bye, bye
~miss AMoroKan pie-bAker

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved