Saturday, January 20, 2007

new cities for the tour?

Okay, peoples. Some new cities have been added to the wish list for the tour this June...and here they are...some are whimsy, some have strong following, some...well, there's a reason to even my suicide missions.

Cleveland, Cincinnati, Columbus, Indianapolis, Independence (MO), Warrensburg (MO) (wow, that would be an emotional implosion of Biblical scale), Mishawaka (IN), Chicago, St. Louis. Again, the fulcrum point remains Amarillo, TX, on June 8-9th.

If I had 1,000% control and if itineraries and finacing was in place (these things are actually quite cheap, but still some reality does intrude)...the ten cities I'd hit would be:

Monterey
Warrensburg
New York
Boston
Cleveland
Atlanta
Amarillo
Mishawaka (Maybe not, but...)
Mobile
Los Angeles

Note that this plan would involve a lot of wasted miles. The whole concept is to cut the trip into 1/2 day ot 1 day drives so that I can stay over, move on, get set up, do the read...rinse and repeat. The ideal situation is to pick up a sponsor or sponsors and to have a read in each target city with a chain bookstore (perfect solution: Barnes & Noble).

To be honest, if I was told I could do just writing, editing and poetry the rest of my days (okay, some eating, sleeping and lovemaking, as well) but would have to go town to town, reading and moving on, I'd probably take the offer.

This is who I am. Nancy, I made the right choice. You would have been miserable, I would have been miserable. Love you like sunshine, but it is true. There are days I feel like Uther in "Excalibur" when he asks if all there is to his life is to "kill and be king" and Merlin replies that it is perhaps not even that.

5 comments:

Twist said...

If I can't get you to CA how am I going to get you to Jersey?!

Sigh... what a world, what a world.

Twist

William F. DeVault said...

Find me a sponsor and a venue, I'm there.

Anonymous said...

AshlAnd, Oregon
SeattLe, Washington
BellIngham, WaShington
VAncouver, BC
Victoria, BC
Cour de'Lain, ID
Helena, Montana
Colorado Springs, Co
Boulder, CO
Denver, CO
Mt. Rushmore
Chicago, IL
Willow, AK
Kodiak, AK
Monteray, CA
Carmel, CA
San Fransciso, CA
Huntington Beach, CA
DISNEYLAND!
La Jolla, CA
San Diego, CA
Santa Cruz, CA
OBX
Duck, NC
Myrtle Beach, SC
Key West, FL
Tarrytown,
Morristown, NJ
Ridgewood, NJ
Brooklyn
Harlem
NY
Start spreading the news! Are you leaving today?

~Just A few ideas, off the top of my head.

William F. DeVault said...

All I am waiting for is the path. Curious, I have just realized how, after all this time preparing, I am just now nascent, ascendent and awakening. I slept for an hellaciously long time in my cocoon. The question is always as to whether it is time to emerge, or must I pupate yet a season?

I write every day, and even if I died tomorrow, the world has been exposed to less than 7% of my poetry written to this point, all books and web revelations considered. You could put out an exclusive volume of my works the size of The Compleat Panther Cycles every year for the next two decades before you caught up (some publisher is going to pay my heirs a fortune for those rights, when I am gone).

I need a purpose. By purpose I mean person. To motivate and focus me. Is this person to be Jaz? Or a previous muse, on her way back, who reclaims her throne when Jaz grows weary of me? Or someone even yet unimagined, who will carry me from the foot of the cliffs? I don't know.

Life is a surprise to me, a great and wonderful surprise, for all the sorrows one must drink with the nectar.

I am blessed, but impatient to find the traces unbound. This summer's tour will come when and how it comes, I will bind my feet and walk to here the path leads.

Anonymous said...

You walk in wisdom, Poet.
The greatest gifts in life come in infinite packages.
Do not doubt your purpose.
More later
I believe Jaz has been moved or will be moved by your inspiration very very soon.
You hold the cards in your hands even when you are
Playing with the Queen of Hearts

~Te Amo
de una amigA indolent y reverent

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved