Monday, January 08, 2007

the dark side peers out

Ladies, ladies, ladies. Let's comport ourselves as grownups around here. Cattiness, while it has a certain inherent sexiness whilst at least theoretically being done over me (K being J's second in the word duels) might lead people to think I live in a virtual biker bar. No blasters!

Actually, I have learned to stay out of it. As long as there are no fatalities or lawsuits, I'm content to keep to my creative outlets. It is actually a little bracing to feel so beloved that otherwise well-behaved young women would shadowbox over me, or at least my turf. Hmm, it is all so virtual, not quite the same as a sweaty, real-life catfight on a waterbed in teddies, is it?

I am pleased with the visceral response to "Cut Me"...it is nice to let the dark lord within me run loose for four minutes or so...normally the only room I let him out in does not have a microphone. Maybe I need to explore this element in my work more.

Do you like the reference to Lord Byron? He was a horny, predatory monster in his youth. And his adulthood. Hey, I guess he never grew out of it. Me, I am less Byron than Vicomte de Valmont when the mood is upon me; that I have successfully banked my fires now for these past few years is nothing short of miraculous to me, knowing me as I do. I should be elected Pope.

But that would never do, now, would it. Better to be the Amomancer. Not so many rules. And my bodyguards are much, much prettier.

To the crimson and black walls of the royal bedchamber in the Sapphire Palace!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

In regard to the little girly drana before your stunning release of Skysraper Ambition and Cut Me last night.

Occassionally, but not always, goddesses, women, and girls play little word games to let off steam when they don't know what else to do with themselves.

It is usually caused by a frustration, and is often more about sorting out the true princesses from the ladies in waiting.

It probably occurred on your blog because you are brilliant, perceptive, have good taste and are smokin'hot, and your blog is an interesting place to hang out. Those women seemed pretty comfortable with themselves there.

I don't know. I stayed out of it, preferring to watch. I prefer the privacy of a bedroom and a much smaller audience for my self expression. But, different strokes, for different folks, as they say.

I'm sure you've heard Merideth Brooks' song linked here.

http://www.angelfire.com/mi/wolf1/song2.html

I've always been partial to it.

Thank you, as always, for your inspiration.

I believe you are well established as the Rockstar Poet, gift from God.

William F. DeVault said...

I am flattered by your thoughts. Not sure if I deserve your words, but humbled am I.

Anonymous said...

Hello my Friend,

You have some very wise and very good friends checking in on you.

Your true friends seem to care very deeply for you.

It is always such a pleasure to hear your perspectives and experience your tidal wave poems. When I stop by,I've noticed the quiet that descends immediately before and for a while after your poetry. I enjoy that silence and the time to reflect on what you've written.

Thank you for making the effort to raise the bar.

-Alisa

Anonymous said...

I'd never heard the stories and rumors about Lord Byron. I have always loved his poetry, and believe that whatever mischief he made during his lifetime, may be balanced by the legacy of his work. It is not my place to judge.

I am quite familiar with the stories and films relating to the Vicomte de Valmont. An excellent story. My concern is that in the original versions, it took the death of a true love to awaken him. I want a different ending to that masterpiece.

Jim Croce had a great song "It Doesn't Have to be that Way..."
Have always loved his songwriting and guitar playing.

Why does anything have to die?

MP-or Miss Peach
No time to sign in.

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved