Thursday, January 25, 2007

a creature of inspiration

Well, it's evening. The sun has just set, and the cold, wintry air seems to transmit the brittle sound sof the world around me so much more crisply.

I have been remiss in updating the lyrics to my new piece, so I am going to slip on my headphones, fire up the music and see what flows as I undam that channel.

Hmmmm....nothing. I think I am in overload. Lots going on around me, with my friends and my loved ones. The chaos is creating the creative equivalent of a thermal barrier, trapping the inner sounds from echoing across the thin gap between birth and revelation.

Regardless.

I will step away, and hope that one of the sparks that can pierce the clouds about me returns to me. For I am a creature of inspiration. In the absence of it, I wither, I fade, I pale.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

"We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over; so in a series of kindnesses there is at last one which makes the heart run over."
-- Samuel Johnson

What do you do when the only person who can make you stop crying is the person who made you cry?

"In the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, and sharing of pleasures."
-- Kahil Gibran

Words for my favorite modern and romantic poet and dear, dear friend. Words for one who continuously inspires me. Thank you for your friendship and for sharing your joy.

~Alisa

P.S. I loved your list yesterday. Thank you for overfilling my cup.

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved