Friday, January 19, 2007

a lonely tale is bound to wind around a spindled point

We are, in my sphere, about to come to a litmus test moment, a Rubicon. It will demonstrate the character of many people near to my life and undoubtably have a profound impact on me. I have no illusions that I have total control over the situation. Indeed, I am going to be very much at the whims and will of several people, many of whom have expressed the desire to see me suffer and to (precise and public quote) "make your life a living hell".

We shall discover what is rhetoric, to both sides of the theological and character scales, and what is truth. Barring a last minute benefactor of pretty grand scale, it looks to be, now, a fait accompli. The wheels are turning, with intent to grind.

If all goes well, everybody benefits, in the long term. If all goes poorly, no one benefits, in any real sense.

A part of me has already stepped back to watch and wait and listen and see what happens.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lo que en los libros no está, la vida te enseñará.

I've always found that the most effective teachers are also good students.

From what I've read, you seem to excell at both.

Wishing you great happiness, Romantic Poet Professor of the Internet

~P. Longstocking

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved