Monday, January 29, 2007

red dragon blues

In response to a writer from Texas:

The music is nice for setting the mood, but when the human voice merely becomes a musical instrument, it detracts from the content and intent of the lyric. Too many people can't tell you the meaning, very well the words, of a favourite song. I reject the posturing and artifice of many singers, who play a pop kabuki opera role to sell product to consumers who need a clown show to appreciate their spectacles. They are insincere.

I'll keep my integrity, thank you very much.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The title of this post would be a good title for a soulful bluesy PEACE of music.

~a

P.S. Your work speaks to me, you have interesting points of view. End of my POINT of view for the evening. Sing a song, cowbow poet. I enjoy your work. And the integrity your words impart.

Wishing you sweet dreams

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved