Thursday, December 07, 2006

taking a new muse

So I have taken a new muse. (glaring balefully) You got a problem with that?

Well, I'm not particularly sorry, except if you are one of those who feel that my heart, my mind, my talents should warp to your wants and needs and beliefs. I apologize if you are in distress over this. I do not apologize for the vector, or the results of the vector. This is my nature, this is how God carved me and set me to the battlefield. I have worn and will wear many guises and disguises, but the Amomancer not only casts his spells with words of love, he feeds.

He feeds, not as some parasite or predator, but like the wildflower, drinking in the sunlight freely given. I am photosynthetic to certain wavelengths of beauty and imagination.

Yesterday Jaz joking made references to a line I'd just thought up, that I should use it on "someone". I told her I couldn't, that I am monogamistic when it comes to muses (yes, I know, there was a time...). She said she'd never been a muse before.

Someone should tell her she just hit the mother lode. Ask those whose paths have intersected with mine, even those who deny me when it becomes...inconvenient...to their perfidy. In those seasons they are elevated, consecrated and celebrated. Many who may despise the Panther for her conduct in our affair still sigh in secret to be laurelled such as she was.

I walk in the light. My shadows are within me, and I speak of them. Sometimes to the point of even boring myself. But this day, at this time, in this place in space and history, I am reborn, When I snap my fingers I no longer hear a crisp sound, but a sizzle of arcs of energy, my soul is filling and I bleed warm and vagrant thoughts.

Thank you, Jaz.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, why are you glaring balefully?
I have a problem with that!
I want to see that smile on your face again!

And, kind, handsome, lyrical sir, it is a mutual thankfest.

~J

Anonymous said...

Will the real Jaz please stand up?

~Jaz

Anonymous said...

Will the real Jaz please stand up?

~Jaz

Anonymous said...

Cute! And so funny, because I am actually standing up right now!
I may not be the actual Jaz referred to in the poems, but, in my mind I'd like to imagine I am. So, as I mentioned in an earlier post, if there are any questions they should be referred to Mr. D. Apparently, he has all of the answers!
BTW-When I see a spade, I call it a spade-from The Importance of Being Earnest, Oscar Wilde-Cecily Cardew to the Honorable Gwendolyn Fairfax.

Good Luck Jazzy Hopeful! Also, remember the poems are for everyone, really. You can imagine you are Jazzy too, if you want! I don't care...
~J
Oh, yeah, Mr. D.? There seems to be some sort of identity issue here. I'll leave it up to you to sort it out if you feel like it...

Anonymous said...

wow
~ Jaz ;)~

William F. DeVault said...

Jaz (the real Jaz), ya gotta watch the double posts. We gotta find a way to let you flag yourself (not just to me, I verify you via your proxy signature) irrevocably.

I have an idea.

Anonymous said...

What's going on here, Bill? ROFL.

*kisses* of the platonic sort.

And I see you, Tag. You never come by my spot anymore. ;-)

Nordette

William F. DeVault said...

Nord, to quote the great Ani DiFranco: "I got distracted".

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
William F. DeVault said...

Tag, Jaz. Jaz, Tag. Tag is my official wingman. Jaz is the reason I don't need a wingman anymore for the time being (how long of a time, that's her decision).

Anonymous said...

Oh, Excellent.
Wondering when I'd ever meet one of your friends!
Tag, It is so very nice to meet you.
Gotta go-It's a long way from LA to Denver, you know, a long time to hang in the sky..Mom's calling me for dinner, don't want to be late.

Oh, about that proxy tracking, very tricky, very cute.
Think I got the message!
Sooooo distracted.
:^> jAz
P.S. Nordette, did you get message RE: the chills, thrills and FRILLS of dancing? Love your work.

William F. DeVault said...

The previous note was not from Jaz. Just to let everyone know.

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved