Sunday, December 17, 2006

some early resolve on the new year

Okay, time to start revealing the changes coming up.

1) A major reduction in public appearance. I'm too much the control freak to cede control for my appearance schedule to anyone, too busy to maintain a writing, editing, recording and publicity machine all at the same time. And this is just not the market, where I am located right now...so, until I get out of Dodge, I'm cutting back on my public reading schedule.

2) I've said I was going to do it before, but this time it is for real, no getting talked out of it. LOVE GODS OF A FORGOTTEN RELIGION and FROM AND UNEXPECTED QUARTER are being taken out of print. There's too many little things about the both of them that bug me and I don't want either book being an introduction to my catalog. The best works in them will perhaps be recycled into later volumes, but for now, effective January 1, 2007, I am asking iUniverse to cease production and distribution on these two lovely volumes.

3) I am re-evaluating next year's publication schedule...I have a lot on it and I want to make sure it is not only a busy year, but a quality year. I am considering a couple of poetry books, including one in devotional form, a textbook on poetry and, last but not least, a novel I have previously written and am now rewriting as I no longer wish it to be farmed out under another author's name. That's right kids, I am not ghosting anymore. Those of you close to me know I have done this a few times in the past, to help others out, to write material that might confuse people when coming from my pen, even to serve as a parting gift to an ex-lover. No more. It is intellectually dishonest and just plain wrong. People should not take credit for the work of others.

So, there's the start. A few new leaves, a few windblown pinecones and life goes on. See you in Texas in June, California...well, that's later...or sooner. Secrets aren't lies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Poet.

Sounds like you are going to start taking care of yourself. Good. You deserve the best for yourself.
Thank you for your resolve, your integrity and your inspiration.

Love from,
A. Friend

Anonymous said...

I'll hold you to this... and I will applaud you when I see its completed. Not until then...
And like the prior post in the comments, "You deserve the best for yourself."
"Ditto" from A Panther.
I know that you are taking quite much better care of yourself, too. Wishing you the best in the upcoming year...
Luv Ya As Well,
Fuzzy Scout.

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved