Monday, December 04, 2006

all that jaz (a cycle)

Actually, these are just the two first poems to the new cycle. Why spoil you?

gravity web

you flit and flirt and twirl a skirt
I cannot see, for now,
except in my imagined memory
of a woman who seems to have caught me
in a gravity web.
pulling me closer
to fall, not to my doom,
but to meet perhaps at a point
between where I was
and where she was.
to find a common focus
around a point in space
we alone can define.


two left feet

two left feet
there's no retreat
but my how we dance
when we surrender to gravity
and take the plane of our insistence
into the horizontal
to dance our natured tendencies
where feet are left behind
for more central motions and emotions.


William F. DeVault. all rights reserved.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved