Friday, December 08, 2006

The New Incantation

I am more than gratified at the supportive words from friends, peers and resders regarding my recent revelation of a new muse for my work. Jaz is someone I have known, casually, for some time, and it only came about recently that I had any reason to think f her outside of a distant, casual friendship.

Se is bright, talented, beautiful and charming, with a good heart and a desire to make a difference in the world. We have friends in common. We have interests in common. She inspires me to write, and the fruit of those efforts is good.

It is early to tell, too early to tell, where this is headed, if anywhere, but I am committed to seeing what comes and what can be made of it.

The New Incantation

The Amomancer begins the new incantation.
The portents are good. The magic is strong.
The air is still, still enough to let silence roar.
He can taste sweet night-blooming jasmine,
on winds, hot and dry, arising from the West.
Memories fold to make way for what comes.

William F. DeVault. all rights reserved.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved