Sunday, December 10, 2006

cleaning up the carnage, as best I can

This is what I get for going to bed: 8 gazillion emails, IMs and comments. Now you know why I don't like sleeping. I resent it, it takes me out of the flow of life.

Tag, thanks for all the kind words, man. You are a friend and you can fly wing anytime. Just be careful, my aim is sometimes off when people make me nutso.

Jaz, you are a unique creature. That others envy you (and I don't blame them, not because of what I feel but because of what you are, even if it is obscure to you sometimes) does not diminish you. The second agreement of The Four Agreements teaches that what other people do or think or say is from them, not of you. If someone calls you a name, or think bad things of you, that doesn't make those accusations or that name true, it is an expression of who they are, what they think or are willing to accept as true. Some people are so delusional or deceitful that they can't get through the day without a notebook in which to write the details of the lies they tell themselves or others (I actually knew someone like that once...). You are who you are, and that person, that Jaz, is perfectly fine by me. That's my endorsement. Remember, there are people out there who don't like ice cream, so the fact that you are a bowl of pink lemonade sherbet wth fresh raspberries and strawberries may not please them. That doesn't mean I would pass such a delight by.

Sophie Tucker had a good rejoinder to that, oft quoted by the Divine Miss M.

Me, I find myself in my normal space, playing champion on so many levels it boggles the mind. But that stirs the juices, it gets me, if you pardon the expression, "Jazzed". I don't really work well unchallenged.

K. good person and good friend and the one individual perhaps more int he middle of everything than everyone else combined: Thank you. But this is still all your fault. And for that, I thank you.

E.J., where the fickity fickity frack were you while all of this was going down?

1 comments:

William F. DeVault said...

NJ (Not Jaz):
You seem to be a nice person and I mean you no ill will. To clear this up as diectly as humanly possible: You are not Jaz. That you have, either by mistake or on purpose, masqueraded as Jaz is apparent to me. That I have answered queries and notes from you while you have been presented as Jaz, either on accident or on purpose, is apparent to me. To keep it simple and elegant: If you are NOT currently (Sunday morning, December 10, 2006) on the Central Coast of California, you are NOT Jaz.

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved