Friday, December 22, 2006

long stemmed Jasmin

Just got out of a recording session for my Christmas single: "Long Stemmed Jasmin". No, it has nothing to do with Christmas, but it will be a gift. My brain is melting. I am working to integrate words and music and strings and synthesizers and drums like I never have before. I think I am approaching my own event horizon...the lip of reality where nothing escapes...

And that's always a good thing. When you run out of muscles to stretch, barriers to crack and where there are no more memories or marvels to be made, time to admit you're waiting for the worms...which has never been and will never be my style. An old lover told me that mediocrity was like poison to me. (Wink) Must be why so many people make me sick.

I'll post the thing late Christmas eve here and at Radio City of Legends, and probably on my podcast...want to melt some brainpans...and I still have about 6-8 hours of work before I am satisfied with it, if all goes to schedule. It's tough to predict..."Strange but Beautiful" fell together in one take. "Glass Roses" took forever until I was happy with it...still am not 100%.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is why you are loved and admired. It is difficult for the lowest common denominator to understand infinity %. But you are.

Your passion and work ethic present an example of the Christmas we all deserve, everyday.

You shimmer and shine.

A. Friend to the end

Anonymous said...

Here's yesterday's quote of the day from Beleifnet. Attributed to Chaim Weizmann.

It seemed appropriate with all the hard work you've been doing.

~Miracles sometimes occur, but one has to work terribly hard for them.


How true.
a

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved