Sunday, December 10, 2006

roused to act

Ever have an infestation problem? You know, something that there are many, many of and you don't know where they are all hiding? Me, too.

I've had to waste valuable editing and writing and recording time cleaning up my blog. Why? If you've been following this little mindgame, you don't need to ask. But in a nutshell, I'm getting overrun by comments from someone who persists in pretending to be someone she is not.

But I am losing patience.

Jaz: Hang in there. You had a rough evening yesterday and I am sure reading the BS that a mindgamer wants to play is not fun. I've tried to go through and plow up the obvious crap in the comments. Any others you see that are clearly not yours, let me know.

NJ (Not Jazz): Stop. Now. You know you are not Jaz and you persist in sending out these illusions. You are either inexplicably cruel or somewhat delusional. Back off, you don't want me angry. I can assure you of this.

I will probably just have to take this discussion, and perhaps even this blog, offline. Unfortunate, but perhaps necessary. Such behaviours forced me to withdraw from the world of the AOL Writers Club when half the world seemed to want to pretend they were "the Panther". I suppose, as a writer, I should be flattered that there are people who identify so strongly with my work that they stalk me in cyberspace.

You should have had to deal with the problem in Los Angeles. A major slice of the reason why I chose Morgantown over LA as my retreat target after the insanity of my second marriage was the fact that I would have less problem with the more ardent admirers here. Smaller town, less problems.

Guess it is time to quit running from my problems and confront them. Guess its time to get off my ass an on my feet and stop figuring the world will sooner or later punch itself out.

California, I'm coming home.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, please clean them all up. They were sent to you by mistake. Mine, and yours. It is unfortunate you didn't recognize the proxy issue months ago. It would have spared a lot of people a lot of time and enegry.

As always, All the best to you.
Hope you sales are everything you've always dreamed of. Your poems are much better than the drama. And, I thought you were too.

Anonymous said...

As someone that has met the real Jaz, I can confirm that beyond her outer beauty lies a far more radiant soul. Instead of resenting the fact that she's been choosen as his new muse, one must thank her for inspiring such beautiful poetry. And for all those people claiming to be her Ha! I say. You can only dream for there will only be one Jaz.

~A~

William F. DeVault said...

A, if you have half the grace and soul of the lovely Jaz, you are a woman more than mortal men dare look upon, even dare to touch.

I am humbled to meet you.

Anonymous said...

"California, I'm coming home."

Finally! The Master understands that Morgantown is not The Solution, but part of the Problem!

All will benefit from this decision and Morgantown will get what it deserves!

Anonymous said...

To ~A~ as well as to Mr. DeVault,

I believe someone said, early on, that the poems were for everyone to enjoy. The poems are beautiful and inspiring. I didn't read any posts that seemed resentful or hostile regarding the work or the muse who inspired the work. Perhaps the anonymous tab could be turned off. That would seem to alleviate any future identity issues or angry responses. As always, thank you for the poetry and the inspiration.

A. Bewildered Lady Reader

William F. DeVault said...

Without the anonymous tab, we leave the ability to respond freely so constrained that it seem sunfair. I just ask that people use either their own name, or a name unique to themselves, or even anonymous completely...not another person's identity.

Anonymous said...

Why were you so harsh with the woman who wanted to be Jaz? Do you really think she meant you any harm? Did you mean to completely crush her?
-a

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved