Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Dance Away, Lightly

Patience is the hardest virtue to learn and to practice. You can lock yourself away from all your other vices, but patience is within and must be practiced, not to the appearance of itself to others, but to the realization of itself within you. Tough, some days, but rewarding as, with anything, in the practice you are made stronger. Right now I am somewhere between talc and diamond.

A new poem, written as I sit here, patiently.

Dance Away, Lightly

dance away lightly.
I will watch and smile
and see if you feel the soft brush
of a windblown kiss
on your face. a trace of affection,
sent to release what is in my heart,
not to bind yours,
for wild hearts seek their own counsel.
but my path is chosen.


William F. DeVault. all rights reserved.

"I walk in the fire and run the cliffs, not because I wish my end, but because I seek my natural place in the universe."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are tears an appropriate respnse to poetry?
I think so.

For William F. DeVault, Starcatcher


Do you know your place in the universe?

Do you imagine your place in eternity?

Are you content to view Australis and Borealis from earth bound rocks, alone?

or would you tilt the moons's orbit
to increase the probability
of season of eclipses?

Tell me stories about the constellations.

Share with me your Morning sky, and I will share the Evening.

~a

Anonymous said...

RE: Patience, Talc and Diamonds

From an outsider looking in-

You are most definitely a Diamond.
The rough parts
are expected
along with the light from within.

-from An interested friend

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved