Saturday, December 23, 2006

Slitoris

How's this for an interesting twist: I'm doing a song about "cutting", also sometimes referred to as self-mutilation.

No, not about me. I only cut up my credit rating. But I have known many individuals who engaged in the practice, most common against young women with self-esteem issues, but not unheard of in almost any segment of the population. It is usually a form of self-treatment, using the focus of the pain or blood, or the endorphins released, to help treat depression or various other emotional perturbations.

I'm not violently opposed to it. I my experience cutters suffer far less damage and endure less health and behavioural consequences than social drinkers or recreational drug users. They also tend to grow out of it.

So, the release tomorrow evening should contain at least three numbers:

"Long stemmed Jasmin": A rocking brief number about passion in the garden of life.

"Dance in the Fire": A layered work of sexual tension.

and a rather shocking piece tentatively titled

"Slitoris"

Hmm...I seem to be going dark.

I have also decided to, in the new year, to contract with one or more of the music services I have been approached by to distribute tracks of my works. If there are any you prefer, or you have experiences with, drop me a line. I'll be making a decision presently. The early pieces I will distribute will also be up for debate. I am sure you'll have an opinion.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved