Monday, December 25, 2006

Inspiration for my life

I recall when I was a child, how busy and magical Christmas was.

Now, as a divorced father, miles from his kids, the magic is not quite as apparent. I had the questionable sense to let my heart attach itself to someone a goodly distance away, so even the comfort of a good snuggle is not available to me...

So what does a poet do in exile? He writes. Some pretty incredible stuff. Thanks to my friends and loved ones.

You inspire me. In my own way, I grow stronger every day.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You cannot choose what your heart seeks.
It has its own compass.
It also pays no attention to time or distance.
You know that.
You must be exhausted after all of your hard work.
Be kind to yourself.
Sending you a hug through cyberspace.

~an exhausted (a) who needs a long winter's nap at least until tomorrow.
To sleep perchance to dream...

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved