Saturday, December 16, 2006

Headphones on, recharging my soul

I just got back from a visit with my boys. I love them so much and they are great, just great. I also got to witness the launch of the Minotaur rocket from Wallops. Didn't go there, it was visible from hundreds of miles away.

Right now I'm seated at my World Domination Control Panel, disguised as a Mac Mini, jacked into iTunes and listening to pieces as the whim strikes me.

First up? Marvin. The great Marvin Gaye and his magical "Sexual Healing". Yeah. That's it. Yeah, sometimes the crusading monk in me almost lets me forget the joy of intimacy, of passion, of romance. But not all the way. Once in a while Marvin reaches out and drags me back to the reality.

Next up? Cat Stevens' original version of his "The First Cut is the Deepest". Wow. Everytime I hear this song key moments from my life press outward, reminding me of where I have been and who I have been with and what happened, every moment, wound into a flash of epiphany that rivals any near-death vision.

I feel like Ultra Man too long from the sun right now, time for the tonic. Joe Cocker, live, with "When the Night Comes". You can feel it crawl on your skin.

I made some decisions, on the road for eight hours, today, my own voice my lone companion. I'll get to those in a day or two. For now, the golem rests.

That's weird, I intentionally clicked on one of my own pieces, "Brisant Revelations". I am considering revising the intro to my podcast and use the bass line as a fanfare for the show.

The golem needs to rest now. Turn off the brain and rest, schmuck. Turn off the brain. No, turn it off. That's it...no, put that thought down, you'll just hurt yourself with it

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved