Monday, November 20, 2006

the way of the Amomancer

There is a point where will alone propels the frame of the machine of flesh that is the chariot of our sentience and spirituality.

Will alone

We recognize it in oaths we make
to ourselves and before God,
claiming we will defeat the greater powers
of hate or fear or ignorance or passivity,
filling our cavities with the oil of cloves
we pressed for this eventuality.

The tempering fire.
It roars with scores of coals of souls
we plucked from the grounding earth,
part of the birth of a newly, truly ordered world.
A place where hurled epithets
splinter on the bending curl of our hope.

Will alone is regent, reagent,
gentle in the manner of rain, which before the wind
blasts the rocks until they fall, in time
to be washed to the bottom of the seas,.
As we please, we do. As we do, we are undone,
as the sun cannot penetrate the oceans.


William F. DeVault. all rights reserved.

I have a friend. Perhaps I would, if the will were hers or I was of baser metal as such to play the cards in a manner to usurp her will, be more than friend, but then I would no longer be me, but a shadow fiend, unworthy of the powers of the flowers of the fields of Arbol, where my dreams sleep even when I wake.

She is beautiful, but troubled, for there is grief and cause for grief in her life. I will act for her, as she requests, in all honor, in her difficulties, although it pains me to be aiding her just to let her into another man's arms.

But the pain purifies and penances the poet, buying back another grain of his sandstone soul from the bottom of the seas, where the disease of arrogance swept them, kept them, to be bartered, a grain of sand for every drop of blood, every lost kiss.

For this is the path of the Amomancer, the Ronin in the Temple of Aphrodite.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOD...YOU SOUND SO ELOQUENT AND YET SO MUCH LIKE ME. In my experience I have found that there are very few like us.So if you are to wish to find that sacred one...and the relationship is to be so labeled, without expectations. Maybe you must be the one to feel, embrace, initiate and herald such a union because if not, it might not ever be. Maybe it's all in the chosing....chose one that is susceptable to your anomancities,wants to believe and has the foundation to sustain the power of it all. Tall order I know but a as female that also has been through the mill.....I now realize that my chosing was but an illusion.....If only he could have made me feel chosen and then made me believe, I might be writing about the miracle of marital love?.Instead I now know who to avoid and why I remain alone. We all really solve our own quandries...just some of us are blessed to provide them as written words, to discover as solutions, better than others?

Anonymous said...

PS...I give thanks everyday and I truly thank you for sharing yourself......through your thoughts and your artistry. Poems, Blog, Podcasts, Books and Cd's all are amazing only because they are individual to you.....William F. Devault, a proud child of West Virginia! They have coke with Slenda at Giant Eagle and Walmart!

Unknown said...

Cant find the comment im looking for but my last name was never Spiker. Also Id like to read the comment about me bit cannot find it. Sucks youve gotten a different model for the book cover anyways but it has always been pretty cool to show people how i was on the cover of a book and my mothers reaction to the huge poster of my face im Barnes and Noble. I used to be very upset how my name is not in the book because i was trying to be a model but now i know thats not plausible. Thanks for shout out. Hit me up if you feel the need to. Gladiatorstarbuck@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Cant find the comment im looking for but my last name was never Spiker. Also Id like to read the comment about me bit cannot find it. Sucks youve gotten a different model for the book cover anyways but it has always been pretty cool to show people how i was on the cover of a book and my mothers reaction to the huge poster of my face im Barnes and Noble. I used to be very upset how my name is not in the book because i was trying to be a model but now i know thats not plausible. Thanks for shout out. Hit me up if you feel the need to. Gladiatorstarbuck@gmail.com

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved