Thursday, November 09, 2006

the sonic boom of a Nemicorn

Feeling a bit stronger this evening. Then I got home and found waiting for me the first shipment of NEMICORN.

I am listening to it now. By the way, did I mention we went ahead and got a barcode for it through an independent record house? Yeah, I'm going out on a limb, I know...but it is pretty incredible.

Of course, this is early in the arc. God knows what the final path will be.

We are beginning to assemble plans for the party on December 14th at the Book'n'Bean in Fairmont. The flyers start going out and up this weekend. We'll have books and CDs galore ("au go go") and are going to make it ground zero for the latest burst of pure energy in the digital renaissance.

To quote Tank in "The Matrix"

"It's a very exciting time."

I am listening to the CD as I write this...Izzy just struck it up on "Thunder over Valhalla". It is weird to take a CD out of a jewel case, see my name on the label, drop it into my CD player and listen to my voice. Very surreal.

"Pink Jade - Soft as Dawn"...damn, it actually came together. I am amazed.

"Love Gods"...you know that piece was supposed to be about finding love with my second wife, when I had lost faith. The irony of it, reflected not only in the words but the legion of voices, all built upon my thoughts and perspectives, that share the words in this recording.

"Wild and Defiled, Along the Way"...now THAT kicks ass. My vocals are not perfect, but they show evolution...I had not imagined myself capable of such real expansion, diversification.

"Darfur". Wow.

The matchup of "Once Again, The Nemicorn" and "A Passion, Unrelenting" to end the CD is just breath-taking. I am, I think, still off balance from what I have wrought.

In this moment, I feel like Chuck Yeager on that October morning in 1947.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved