Sunday, November 05, 2006

going amazon

Over the next few days I may be closing an arrangement to get my CDs on Amazon.com, starting with NEMICORN, then THE NAKED READS. We'll backtrack to THE LAST ROMANTIC VERB, later. They'll also be available to record and CD stores that carry works by independent artists.

There are days I am the whirlwind and days I am but a leaf blown about within it. I will miss this life, when it is over. But there will be evidence of my passing.

To do list (next 25 years):

1. 25 more books of poetry.
2. Read at an inaugural, at least at a gubernatorial level, if not Presidential. I volunteered to read for Gore's inauguration in 2000, I believe the reason he lost was his people didn't take me up on it.
3. Twelve more CDs. Knowing me, more like twelve hundred. I like to talk.
4. One love. I have wasted too much on a shotgun approach to romance. I want that one final arc that sustains me through the rest of my life. No insult on those whom I have loved in the past, I just would like a final meal.
5. A MacArthur. I've earned it.
6. Leave this life with no financial debts.
7. Hold my grandchildren. Meet my sons' wives.
8. Finish a screenplay or ten.
9. Six novels. One textbook (on poetry). Outlive everyone who might be offended by my memoir.
10. Find out what happened to all the people I have cared for who have drifted away over the years.

I think it is mostly accomplishable, and all of it worthy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A kiss is but a feeling that you were meant to experience?I have one aimed for you and yet I am not sure that you may not be the only one uplifted or besteaded by what it offers to you.I take this chance and wait to see...if what was gambled was meant to be. Shabby poetry in comparison to yours but then again......I never claimed to be a poet. That's your job and you do it so well!!!!!!!!!!!!!Keep on keepin on! You made another one of my days!

Anonymous said...

Dear, dear Mr. DeVault,

So very pleased to find the news of your demise is, as of yet, a cruel, cruel rumor. Can't wait to read and hear your work. My mother, bless her heart, always said it was proper and kind to send a thank you note before
enjoy(i)ing your gifts.

So thank you, once again, for the gift of your inspiration.

Your posts over the last few days have been magnificent. It is good to read your inspirational words. It is good to read your list of things to do. Excellent choices. You will accomplish all of your goals, and with aplomb! Poet Laureate ought to be on your list. You are worthy of honor. No doubt.

Kisses are nice, even imaginary ones. Check your e-mail this afternoon? Just curious, bet you got some interesting ones today, after E.J.'s incandescent poetry selection. I wonder if your mailbox is full? Hoping you had a nice and spicy meal for lunch, and are planning on having a relaxing evening with time to ponder all the attempts to contact the poet. A picture is worth
a thousand words,
and,also,
silence is golden. Shhh.
May you always let your golden light shine, in whatever form you choose.

Your words are like a candle in the window of your reader's souls.

Syruppy? Yes, but you tend to bring out the cliches in me.

Your friend always,
(even if I'm an imaginary one),

~Ms.Waylongstocking
of Villa Villekulla
Sorry, I couldn't resist,
~re'marking,
but in the nicest possible way I could think of,
on your posts.
All good prayers for you.
Here's hoping all applicable dreams come true. Way to wish upon a star.
Stellar.
You,
Are.

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved