Saturday, November 25, 2006

technomasturbators

Does anyone ever receive an unsolicited email with a fake return address, advertising some penny stock, and go out and invest in it? Are people really that stupid? Or are the email terrorists who bring real commerce and communications to a crawl or a halt in some deluded notion that they can get risk spamming people somehow themselves the victims fast talking snake-oil salesmen who are peddling websites and autoresponders and email lists (for the last time, guys, I do not even read German, have breasts or invest in Chinese stocks).

It is like when I get "job offers" over my email, using stolen AOL email addresses. Yeah, I'm going to trust my financial future and career path to someone who won't even buy their own domain and use their own return address.

Today an email of mine to a friend at AOL got reflected, either because webmail.registeredsite.com brought up a new server without registering it with AOL's blacklist, or because too many people have been sending auto mail from websites that use that particular webmail server as their dummy return route.

I'm delayed, but not truly perturbed with AOL. They're doing what they can to control the freaks, geeks and self-involved technomasturbators who think that they can get in everyone else's way because they feel like it.

I'll wait until later today to send the email. Yawn. I actually have a life. This doesn't effect the books and CD and I need to wrap up this weekend.

By the way, best of luck to WVU today against USF. I want a bloodbath, with Slaton and White setting school and NCAA records that will stand until next week against Rutgers.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved