Wednesday, November 08, 2006

The open microphone blues

Not happy with last night's open microphone. When I go to the store, there was no sign of an event, literally, no signs. Tag showed up and with the help of a very efficient (and quite lovely) store employee we did the set up and began the vigil.

At five after the appointed hour (7 pm), Tag and I read the poems we had brought and I gave him one of the gifts I had brought to give to anyone who read, in accordance with my promise to gift anyone who read. At 15 after, we put everything the way we found it and left.

I received an email a few hours later from someone who showed up after we left, wanting to know what happened, as she found no sign of the event.

Like I told the manager I spoke with, having endured touring for a book where at least one store forgot we were coming and did no publicity and had not set anything up, I can keep a sense of humour about this. I don't take it personally...despite a recent imposition of myself as their host-in-residence for these events, there had been no mention of me in any of the publicity I had seen.

Now I can focus on the book and CD launch party next month. That is me-driven.

While I'm babbling, a hearty congratulations to the winners of the elections yesterday. I am sure the Pretendent is right now a little annoyed that he will no longer get a rubber stamp for the policies of madness he has stood behind these past six years.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved