Saturday, November 25, 2006

Saturday reveries and looking down the road

Yes, I am disappointed that the WVU Mountaineers did not beat USF, but...hey, if all games were a foregone conclusion, we wouldn't have to play them, right? Congratulations to USF for a fine, young program. Next year, watch out.

I am right now working on the final edits for the new books...don't worry...I am on schedule and almost complete. I have pushed myself to the limits of my attention span and physical endurance to see just what lays beneath the veneer...and I am not displeased with all my discoveries. I'm a little cranky right now, but that is do to just distraction issues. I'll be fine once the last few pages are done and I can rest. I plan to enjoy myself at a corporate Holiday Party this coming Saturday, perhaps even make some adjustments to my social situation. Time will tell.

I have had some correspondence this week with Molly McKnight, the nice lady who invited me to be a judge for the Frontiers in Writing (Texas Panhandle Writers' Convention) 2007 Poetry Chapbook Contest. I'm glad I accepted and have gone the further step of accepting an invitation to attend and beginning to negotiate with local venues for a reading. I'd like to do one in conjunction with the local Barnes & Noble, but you know me...I am pretty omnivorous when it comes to reading venues.

I have taken under advisement a notion to write an entirely new and fresh volume of poetry at the convention, to be immediately submitted to a POD publisher for immediate publication and release. I recall Harlan Ellison's old stunt of writing a new short story during a science fiction convention, while sitting in public in a clear tent or pavilion.

E.J. still thinks it is pretty funny I have been honored, invited or feted in just about very state, it seems, except West Virginia. I tell him that it is okay, I don't like beer, anyway.

I do have to get my head clear for the CD and Book release party on the 14th of next month in Fairmont...I want it to be in a perfect frame of mind for that.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved