Thursday, November 02, 2006

Next week's open microphone

I have been spending some time pondering next week's open microphone event that I am hosting at the Barnes & Noble in Morgantown (Tuesday, November 7th (Election Day) from 7-9 pm).

The theme we developed was "Politics as Unusual: Protest and Patriotism". I hope we get many, many local writers who come to read, and promise I will bring gifts for every writer who does.

I, myself, will read...my current list of poems will certainly include my anti-war poem "An American Father", but also at least two other pieces...I am considering the choices.

Ah...got one, about the erosion of civil liberties under the current Administration, entitled "We Held These Truths". I am sure it will be controversial...then maybe something less inflammatory. Something about abortion rights, perhaps?

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved