Monday, November 20, 2006

Much to be thankful for (part 1)

This being Thanksgiving week here in the US, I figured it would be a good time to count my blessings, to list some of the things I am grateful for.

* That I have three beautiful, bright and loving children who are healthy and strong.

* That my parents are still with us and healthy.

* That my siblings are all alive and well.

* That God, in His or Her infinite humour, decided to give me my talent as a poet, but no "users' manual".

* My ex wives are both strong, competent people whom, on the balance, I have been blessed to know.

* Book and CD sales, while not astronomical, are intriguing.

* I was able to attend my daughter's wedding in Santa Barbara in September and she married a really nice fellow whom I have honest affection for.

* So far, my streak of indestructibility seems to be holding up. Still waiting for the "Kryptonite Blonde (or Redhead or Brunette)" to show up and make me regret ever having said that.

* Every day the City of Legends Radio podcasts get accessed by more and more people.

* I have friends I can trust and enemies whom you can judge me by their reasons in opposing me.

* Memory and reasoning speed are still within benchmark parameters.

* Weight is down, strength is up and endurance is improved.

* The Democrats regained control of the House and Senate!

* My catalog of poetry survived the tumult in Mississippi.

* My band, The Gods of Love, have given me a new outlet and a new audience.

* My faith in God, in the holy church of poetry and the value of love, remains unshaken.

All in all, much to be thankful for.

William F. DeVault
---------------
website: www.cityoflegends.com
blog: cityoflegends.blogspot.com

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where exactly are you hoping the kryptonite woman will show up?

You might be a little more clear, unless you are simply posturing.

Poets can do that. Get readers all stirred up just for the effect, you know.

Is the kryptonite woman a specific woman, or simply a fantasy? I'm sure you'll have many hopeful responses on this one.

-Thankful for your thoughtful posts

Your readers are blessed by your perspectives

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved