Thursday, September 01, 2005

Volume 7: From Leg Cramps to Nymphomaniacs

Bad leg cramps last night...usually that means I'm stressing (amazing, if you know your body, what you can tell about your mental state).

With their leadership in transition, Arts Monongahela has not really had the opportunity to fully engage on marketing THE MORGANTOWN SUITE POEMS, which is cool. I'm not going to tell them how to run their game - although, if they're smart, they'll figure out that there is money to be made fronting it out. You have a highly transient student body at WVU...if you can get each incoming class aware of the book (churn of 5-7 thousand new students every year) then you can make a few bucks off of it.

I only mention that as advice...I get no money for the book, and did it purely as a labour of love.

We know how those things turn out in my hands.

I'm sitting on my stack of THE COMPLEAT PANTHER CYCLE copies for Brigit and Mari Laureano, awaiting mailing instructions. I also had set aside copies for a friend in Bay St. Louis and the Bookends bookstore there...but will have to wait for word of their fate and estate before I make a move to help.

Anastacia turned me on to www.zabasearch.com last night. It's a free people search engine. In five minutes I had addresses on every person I thought I'd lost over the years. In the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, I think I will at least make a passive contact attempt, to let them know I care they are alive and to wish them well.

I posted a note on a blog/bulletin board for Diamondhead, Mississippi, that is being used to connect people with missing loved ones in the aftermath of the storm...may take a day or two or ten, but phone lines are down (yes I tried to call and that may tick some people off, but you know what, if anyone is THAT immature, it is their problem, not mine (slapping my own hand for reaching for the Batpole))...I am not assuming anyone wants or needs my help, I just would like to know that people who are precious to me are fine (you should have seen me the one night when I thought my daughter Peri was in peril, I mobilized half the state of California...and she had even asked me to take steps.)

Well, going to go run now. Nice the doctor told me I could get back to rebuilding this wreck of a body (actually, I may be out of shape, but I've got no real health problems...sometimes it is annoying I don't just drop where I'm standing, but what can you do, eh?)

E.J. says he has a candidate for muse for me. We'll see. Last time I let him fix me up...er...actually, she wasn't that bad for a nymphomaniac gymnast. One more person I need to look up on Zaba.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved