Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Meander on a Tuesday Morning

Still getting my feet under me from the new computer. Wrote an entry of great depth and eloquence last night...lost it in an AirPort confusion. Still learning.

Hearing from so many people of late. E.J. tells me we have several entries in the "Edit the Blog" contest (details a few days ago, here). Glad he is around to work these angles...me, I am busy.

I will coordinate with the AEI when to make the donation of the copy of "Art & Soul" as well as some of my books, to the Morgantown High School library, I wonder if they've already placed one at the public library? I need to check with them about that.

I can feel, even at this distance, at least in my own mind, the pull of the Santa Ana Winds. By whatever means and to whatever purpose, I vow to stand in them next September, to be revitalized in them. I allowed myself to wander from the high desert, and I need it, like the Submariner needs immersion in water...

Maybe I can score a copy of the 1973 Morgantown High School yearbook? Mine, along with my coffin and many personal tokens of dear moments and past childhood friends, ended their cycles as storm debris after Hurricane Katrina, if they even still existed then. I apologize to Carole, Terry, Michelle, Jon, Jeanne, Q, Thom and others whose traces in my universe were obliterated because I trusted too well. It was a bitter lesson, but one I can learn from.

I'd also love to lay my hands on a copy of the 2003 North Salinas (California) High School yearbook - my picture is in that, from when I spoke at Career Day (nice to deal with a school system that acknowledges your existence, eh, Monongalia County Schools?)

Well, time to go...much love to all...will be doing some major redesign work on the website this week, in between hoding up the sky and creating the heavens and the earth (small "e"...).

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved