Monday, September 26, 2005

Me, Brad Paisley and Justin Timberlake

I had a brief tete-a-tete with Melanie Skeen of the Appalachian Education Initiative. I am donating two copies of their volume "Art & Soul", one to the Morgantown High School library and one to the Morgantown Public Library. I will also be, later in the season, donating a copy each of The Morgantown Suite Poems and The Compleat Panther Cycles to the Morgantown Public Library. I would donate copies to the MHS library, but I'm punishing them for now for not having me come speak during National Poetry Month. They'll have to ask. And nicely.

We discussed how the books are getting out their...she did mention that, in addition to Brad Paisley donating for books to Eastern Panhandle counties in West Virginia, they just got a grant from the foundation that is in Justin Timberlake's name. Okay, I can live with that crew (although my usual peers are Bruce Willis, Kevin Costner, Mel Gibson and Billy Bob Thornton, due to the whole age thing).

Got some copies of TCPC mailed out today...damn, that thing weighs a ton and costs a ton to mail, but such is life.

I have still not gotten to go see "The Aristocrats", but will move heaven and Earth to accomplish this by week's end.

Made dietary shift today...and my legendary cast-iron stomache disapproves. Well, it better get used to it. If I am going to get rid of the stubborn pounds, I am going to have to get Medievel on my own ass. I admit, I've gotten lazy in taking care of myself, I have been so focused on playing Florence Nightingale to others...

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved