Thursday, September 01, 2005

First Word from The Katrina Zone

Just got email notification from my friend Pat that she and her life-partner Ro, who lived on the Bay-St. Louis-Waveland border, are safe in Alabama.

One down, about twenty more to go...

Had lunch with my friend Alan, where we discussed many artsy and intellectual and philosophical things. My brain now hurts. He's going to look into repairing my copy of "Art&Soul". I had gotten it from the people at the Appalachian Education Initiative at their big press conference in Charleston in July and collected a few of the other honorees' autographs...but when my boys came to visit, one page came loose (the page with me on it, surprise, surprise...)

Alan, besides being an extraordinary musician and Beatles historian is a dedicated craftsman who lives to repair things. Anything. So, he's going to patch the loose page.

I get to see my boys this weekend, and am taking them my old iMac, which will still be a step up for them in regards to computing power. The order I have in with Apple for my Mac Mini has gone from fulfillment in 1-2 days to now four business days and it is still just being prepped for shipping. This means I will miss the transfer window and will be puter-less for a few days.

I am also going to get to see my old buddy Anastacia. Even she has been sympathetic towards Ann's situation in Missisippi due to the storm (which I give her full props for, as Ann did a lot to alienate my fuzzy buddy...).

Say a prayer, light a candle, do, as I am doing, acts of kindness for strangers in case she is in need at this time, as well, and may need a stranger to show kindness to her and her family. My Wiccan friend Maggie has offered to light a candle.

All is appreciated.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved