Thursday, September 15, 2005

Echoes of a not forgotten time

Last day for entries into the "Edit the Blog" contest...first prize is a copy of The Compleat Panther Cycles (autographed). If you have been asleep at the switch, check the entries in this blog from earlier in the month for details. It's not brain surgery. Then again, maybe it is. My brain.

Thanks to the nice folks at U.S. Cellular, I am back up and part of the universe. My phone myterious crapped out on me a few days ago...they gave me a loaner while mine is in the shop.

Got an invite to the birthday party of an old friend for next month. What makes this intriguing is this will be the first time in a few decades I am in the same room with the original muse, Alabaster (no, no chance at something, she is happily married and I have mostly retired from poaching on marriages...besides I am not as big of a deal in West Virginia as I am in L.A. (you'd think it would be the other way around, no?)) But it will be interesting for the vibe.

Made a simplification of the front end of my website at www.cityoflegends.com to make it seem less chaotic. Check it out.

Although I figure it is completely a political move, pressed on him by the one or two advisors who do not completely have their heads up their butts, I still think that President Bush's comment that he is, in the end, the guy resposnible for the slow Federal response to Hurricane Katrina is the right thing to do. Okay, he gets promoted from "a total nightmare" to "a waste of airtime" in my book.

I have David Bowie's "The Man Who Sold the World" stuck in my head, right now.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved