Saturday, September 03, 2005

Brad Paisley, My Furry Friends and the first of the Mohigans

I'm going to see my boys over the weekend, and will be staying with my friends Anastacia and Tony. Here's a picture of them from their wedding a few years ago...check out her gown (Peri, take notes...the gown designer lives in your area)

I reached a deal with the Appalachian Education Initiative to underwrite a copy of their "Art & Soul" volume to Morgantown High School (being the least well-heeled of the four MHS graduates in the book, that seems perverse, but what can I say?) By the way, for those of you who may jump on my "misspelling" of Mohican in this entry's title...note, that at MHS, they call their Indian mascot a "MoHigAn" to make it a bit of wordplay for "Morgantown High". Although with the local beer consumption where it is, perhaps "hic" is more apropos.

I am pleased to hear that country singer Brad Paisley (whose names sounds like he should be backing up Prince) will be distributing some books in the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia. Me, I think I'll stick to the schools in Monongalia County and see is any of them want a free book. I can include copies of The Morgantown Suite Poems, but I think THE COMPLEAT PANTHER CYCLES is a little R-rated, even for the modern high-schooler (not that they aren't sexually aware enough, I just don't want their parents blaming ME when they catch their kids doing the nasty...God knows I've already been blamed for every other problem in the last half-century of modern civilzation by one ex-lover, ex-wife or ex-Mother In Law or the other).

Sneak peak time:

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved