Saturday, September 24, 2005

Goodnight, Epifantastic

I just posted more annotations to works on the website...I won't tell you all of them, but one is the longest I have written to date and it is on a poem about some guy from the legends of King Arthur...go find it.

Got word that Mary Jo, a dear friend from Los Angeles, has passed away. She was kooky and deranged sometimes, but she had always been very supportive of both myself and Ann (for our wedding present she gave us a massive astrological analysis she had done on us...the conclusion? We'd have a few good years but eventually things would fall apart...duh...nice wedding present, hm?) Sleep well, Epifanny (her screenname on AOL)

Tag handed me off the manuscript for his book of poetry...looks good. I am supposed to write a foreword. I shall. I am glad he has found a niche in the world of poetry. He is much more working class is in his themes and outlook, more Bukowski or Sandburg to my Shelley or Burke (or, according to Bruce Autry at "Poetry Heaven", John Donne)...and that's fine. He's gifted and clever and I already have enough competition, thank you very much.

I feel for the people being hit by Hurricane Rita...this will certainly displace and take many lives. I am sorry the incompetence of those we trust with our safety is so great. They can blow things up pretty well with my tax dollars, but they can't seem to get their act together to actually save lives unless specific votig blocs are on the line.

Jack Thompson, the PR guy for the Morgantown Visitors and Convention Bureau, got hold of me yesterday and asked if I was still interested in doing a ghost tour of Morgantown next month. Sure, might be fun. Jack is transitioning over to be the new head of Arts Monongahela, now that the marvelous Meghan King-Johnson has moved on. She's a tough act to follow, but I am hoping that Jack will exploit more the possibilities in "The Morgantown Suite Poems".

Gotta run for now. My prediction for this afternoon's WVU-East Carolina game? heh!

Mountaineers: 37, Guys with Parrot Poop on their Shoulders: 14

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved