Friday, September 02, 2005

Gas, Cholesterol, Fats and Apples...check

Friday morning. Have prepped my car for a visit to see the boys, have notification that all my test results from my physical were "within normal limits" (which, for me, is almost insulting ::snort:: "normal" indeed!) and I hear they rescued Fats Domino in New Orleans.

Such is life in the City of Legends.

Speaking of the City, E.J. followed my directions and restored colour to the still-transitioning poetry page
William F. DeVault's Poetry
Nice, guy...I am sure we will hear from Anastacia as to her colour preferences.

Just got an email this morning at 3 am that Apple was going to miss the shipping deadline for my new 'puter. Then, an hour later, they confirmed the shipment. Right.

I think all this discussion about whether or not to rebuild New Orleans is gas and smoke. Louisiana is second only to Alaska for oil production in the US (sorry, Texas, you're #3) and New Orleans is not only the nearest port, it is also the key port to the Mississippi. The city may be years, even decades, recovering...but it will recover. And, perhaps this time, there will be more effort put into making the city storm proof (I'd be more worried about that massive tectonic fault line that runs up the Mississippi...last time it went, about 200 years ago, it made Hurricane Katrina look like God's hiccup).

Of course with the current admin and the major industries in the US oblivious to the threat of Global Warming (every right wing, in corporate pocket politican in America who has been refusing to work to help shape environmental policy for decades has blood on his hands today...Al Gore and the environmentalists were right about it, and you billionaires who are now going to make a public show of piety by giving a few thousand to the rebuilding after getting rich helping make this possible were wrong).

Not that I blame corporate America or the Republican party for the arrogance and foolishness of people who built on flood plains and in hurricane alleys. But if we have helmet laws, speed limits and drug laws to protect people from their own stupidity...

Well, have a good day...I am still getting email from friends all over the country who want to know if I have heard from Ann or her Mom. The phone lines still seem to be down. I hope they are okay (but at the same time, if they are and able to communicate with the outside world, it seems unspeakably cruel not to let me know they are well).

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually preferred it without the color; but, hey, it's your site.

Hope all are well.

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved