Sunday, September 18, 2005

Precognitive production notes for the podcasts

Someone asked me where E.J. has been lately...I explained that he's been up to his 'pits in reading the entries in the "Edit the Blog" Contest. I think he's afraid he's in over his head...but that's the best place always to be, you don't grow if left to complacency.

Work on the site redesign for The City of Legends is coming along nicely. It's transparent to the users right now, just one night there will be a big ::BAMF:: and you'll hardly recognize the place. Stay tuned.

Congrats to the West Virginia University Mountaineers football team in their victory over Maryland (I never have been the type to say "We're #1" as that is sooooooooooooostupid. The guys on the field don't know who you are, they're busting their butts (and the occasional bone) to compete for media attention so they can have a successful transition to a well-payed but short-lived career in the sports/entertainment field so they don't have to try to figure out what they can do with a degree in advanced basket weaving management. I'm sure they appreciate the support, but why don't you try to live, I dunno, through your own accomplishments?)

Working on the concepts behind the podcasts is getting to be strangely fun. So far there have been a few suggestions and I have my own ideas, and I think there are at least a dozen pieces that are shoo-ins for the shows. You can bet good money that I will get use out of (numerical notations explained below in programmatic cross-reference).

(*1)"Love Gods of a Forgotten Religion",
(*1)"The Darker Gods",
(*1)"from out of the city", "
(*4)"I rained poetry",
(*5)"First Date Blues",
(*2 or *3)"Dram",
(*3)"The Patchwork Skirt of My Love",
(*4)"Feasting on Memory",
(*1)"horizon",
(*2 or *3)"My Electric Lady" (been awhile, no?),
(*2 or *4)"In the Arms of the Dragon",
(*2)"The Pale of Your Breasts",
(*2)"Gibbous",
(*2)"Hold You",
(*5)"epitaph",
(*3)"The Unicorns",
(*4)"Glass Roses" and, certainly neither last nor least,
the increasingly, absurdly ironic
(*3)"Damascus: Movement Three".

Early plans subject to change:

(*1)One program will be mood pieces of a metaphysical or spiritual nature. Production notes: Attempt to give this a feel of a sermon or a prophetic pronouncement...acoustic to resemble a temple or ampitheatre. A medievel or fantasy setting feel, perhaps? Still cogitating.

(*2)Another is to be seductions. Production notes: Pillow talk, use "the voice". I'll know I hit the right tone if I start getting strange emails with pretty pictures. You never know, the next great muse might be out there...waiting. I've already been from Jeremiah to Job to Joel...what next?

(*3)A third, romantic works. Production notes: Pastoral, perhaps? Trees rustling, wind even? A sense of life and possibilities. This also might tap into the muses.

(*4)Yet another will be a standard reading set. Production notes: Crowd noise, hall acoustics. Bring it. Bring it. Bring it.

(*5) Biographical works that don't really fit any of the other sets. Production notes: Lean, club setting? In my own head? Funeral? Joe Gideon-esque?

In my mind my goal is to finish with about six full programs, 15-30 minutes in length. An extremely aggressive goal, I know...I'll be happy with three or four, but I'm going for 6. Pray for me. Prey on me. Pay me.

By the way, I note that Barnes and Noble is showing sales stats for THE COMPLEAT PANTHER CYCLES. Now if the lazy bastards would get off their asses and actually put the book in a few of their stores.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved