Monday, September 19, 2005

Money where your browser is

Let me start today by a digression, a tip of my hat to Big Ben Roethlisberger and the Pittsburgh Steelers...nice game against the Houston Texans yesterday. Hines Ward, Willie Parker, looking very good. Keep it up guys.

Visitorship at The City of Legends is up, sharply, a look at the stats indicates that there may be some pockets of new awareness of my works at certain colleges and universities. Breaks my heart. Okay guys, if you like the works, drop me a line and let's discuss my speaking fees. I'm not free, but I am cheap. Poets got to eat, you know.

I will kick off later this week a poll to select special works for a "by request" podcast when I go into the studio next month. Of course, as capricious as fans can be, you all will probably stick me with works that are particularly difficult to do aloud. Go ahead, I'll do my best. I have received several notes suggesting I do a "Morgantown Suites" show. I'm considering it.

Still no direct word from my ex-family in Mississippi in the aftermath of Hurrican Katrina. They do have time and will to contact other people, who have had the decency to let me know that they are okay, but direct contact has been absent. This may be taken to mean the bizarre scenario that was alluded to by Ann on last contact is real (one can never be sure of the truth, you know). At this time, after the time, energy, resources and good faith I've devoted, it is hard not to take this as an insult, but I am no Montressor, so I will let this slide as merely a pale mystery of strange hearts and minds. I wish them all well. I am sure one day I will be given an interesting tale of what really is or isn't.

I need to get together with Tag sometime this week to see where he is on his manuscripts.

Congratulations to "Lost" on their Emmy wins.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved